Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Filling days in 3 weeks trip 2018/6/11 20:37
Hi,

Me and my girlfriend will arrive to Japan at 20th of October. Most of the trip has been planned out.
But we have couple of days to fill, Between Naoshima and Tokyo.

Location Where to sleep
20-Oct Osaka Osaka
21-Oct Osaka Osaka
22-Oct Kyoto Kyoto
23-Oct Kyoto Kyoto
24-Oct Kyoto Kyoto
25-Oct Hiroshima Hiroshima
26-Oct Naoshima
27-Oct
28-Oct
29-Oct
30-Oct
31-Oct Tokyo Tokyo
1-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
2-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
3-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
4-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
5-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
6-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
7-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
8-Nov Tokyo Tokyo
9-Nov Tokyo Tokyo

I will need your help.
Thanks in advanced.
by Ian (guest)  

Re: Filling days in 3 weeks trip 2018/6/12 12:58
I would suggest looking into visiting Takayama and Shirakawago for a day or two, and then maybe a day in Kanazawa. We visited all of these places and they were lovely historical towns.

Hope that helps!
by Steph (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Filling days in 3 weeks trip 2018/6/12 14:47
Your options depend on your interests which you havenft shared. So I can only advise on what I would do.

20-Oct Osaka Osaka
21-Oct Osaka Osaka
22-Oct Kyoto Kyoto
23-Oct Kyoto Kyoto
24-Oct Kyoto Kyoto
25-Oct Hiroshima Hiroshima
26-Oct Naoshima
27-Oct
28-Oct
29-Oct
30-Oct

Option 1: no new region but more of what you have: if you want to see Miyajima and Hiroshima add a night to Hiroshima. Add 2-3 days to visit Nara, Uji, inner Nara Prefecture. Or add two days to visit Koyasan. Or 1-2 days to visit Ise. Or visit more of the islands: Teshima,Inujima one day each. And/ orvisot Okayama and Bitchu Takahashi... essentially your options even just between Kyoto and Hiroshima are endless.

Option 2 : add a new region. You can add Kanazawa/Takayama as the PP suggested, but I would propose as an alternative to add Hagi and other places on the Japan sea side. These are much less touristic and very nice places. A bit hard to get to them, but you are already in Hiroshima so take advantage of that. In that case youfd need to do Naoshima first and then Hiroshima. In order to get to Tokyo the best might be an inland flight eg from Tottori.

Option 3: if onsen is your thing, go down to Kyushuand spend at least 1 night and 2 days in Kurokawa Onsen. Plus you can go to Yufuin, Beppo or if you want culture visit Dazaifu.

Option 4: if you enjoy cycling, do the Shimanami Kaido: https://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/2017/11/part-10-day-48-49-ridi...
You could combine it with Onomichi, more islands, Okayama, Mijajima...

Your options are essentially endless and depend totally on your interest. On this webpage youfll find explanations about the main attractions in each region so you can decide.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Filling days in 3 weeks trip 2018/6/12 20:39
End of October a side trip from Kanazawa to Kurobe Gorge will be nice too https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7575.html
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Filling days in 3 weeks trip 2018/6/12 21:56
What about:

1) arriving in Naoshima via Uno, and leaving via Takamatsu, then spending a few days in Shikoku (or spending a day there and then taking the ferry to Wakayama, going to Koyasan from that direction, and then leaving Koyasan in the other direction so you can head to Tokyo more easily

or

2) spending two days in Naoshima and seeing the other islands, then heading back via Uno and spending a day or two around Kurashiki
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread