Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Pass & Kansai Wide Area Pass 2018/6/11 22:54
Hi

From the website i know there is limitation for the above 2 passes. May i confirm Shinkansen is not cover under Kansai Pass?

Also, the Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Kyoto is not cover under Kansai Wide Area Pass? Or only Tokaido Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Kyoto is not cover under Kansai Wide Area Pass?

As I am planning to Osaka, Nara and Kyoto for 7 days and i will stay in Osaka only. Hence i am not sure should I buy Kansai Pass or Kansai Wide Area Pass?

Thanks!
by nicole liau  

Re: Kansai Pass & Kansai Wide Area Pass 2018/6/12 10:47
May i confirm Shinkansen is not cover under Kansai Pass?

No, Kansai Area pass does not cover any Shinkansen at all.

Also, the Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Kyoto is not cover under Kansai Wide Area Pass?

No, Kansai Wide Area Pass does not cover Shinkansen trains from Shin-Osaka to Kyoto, which is not operated by JR-West.

Or only Tokaido Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Kyoto is not cover under Kansai Wide Area Pass?

All the Shinkansen trains from Shin-Osaka to Kyoto are Tokaido Shinkansen trains operated by JR-Central. So this question is meaningless.

As I am planning to Osaka, Nara and Kyoto for 7 days and i will stay in Osaka only. Hence i am not sure should I buy Kansai Pass or Kansai Wide Area Pass?

It depends on your actual itinerary, but I guess you won't need any pass. Calculate the train fare using Hyperdia and you will know your answer.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread