Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Calling immigration to check about PR status 2018/6/14 18:00
I applied For Permanent Visa last year and it's already 8 months that I'm waiting for an answer.

The thing is that in Summer I want to go outside of Japan for a trip but I might get my answer during that time. Usually they give a time limit for picking up.

My questions are :

1 .Did anyone ever phone Tokyo immigration to enquire about the status of the application?

2. If yes can I explain my situation in English?

I applied at Tachikawa branch office but they said the processing will be done by the main office.

During these 8 months I wasn't asked to submit more documents. I don't know why it's taking so long, i was told it will take 6 months. It's really annoying not being able to plan trips etc.

Could someone advice me where to call or what to do?

Thanks
by Lotus3631 (guest)  

Re: Calling immigration to check about PR status 2018/6/15 19:10
Yes to both questions. Call them and ask.

You'll find numerous questions and answers on this forum about people contacting immigration for a status update.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Calling immigration to check about PR status 2018/6/16 13:52
In our case, they told us to expect it to take 8 months, as they were busy, but in reality it took 6 months. So I guess it simply is up to how busy they are.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Calling immigration to check about PR status 2018/6/22 15:07
The investigation can take longer than 6 months. I have there are cases of applicants who waited over a year.
Did you call them to ask for an update about the situation?
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calling immigration to check about PR status 2018/6/22 22:08
Lotus3631
Tokyo immigration is busy due to load. My friend is also waiting for engineer visa. When he asked for an update. They told it takes maximum 3 months and minimum 2 months and they are busy due to lot of application traffic. Please wait.
by guest55 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calling immigration to check about PR status 2018/6/22 22:10
I called and asked amd they said still processing. I have no choice but to wait.
by Lotus 901 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread