Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving to Japan 2018/6/15 18:38
A bit about me...
I'm currently studying my Bachelor's with Honours doing Biological Sciences. I hope to continue and progress to get my Master's and possibly Doctorate in Microbiology.

My question was, how would I be able to get a career and migrate to Japan with those degrees in mind? Even if I didn't end up doing my doctorate would I be able to get a good job in the sciences there?

My boyfriend is also thinking of doing the same but he will have a Bachelor's in Psychology instead.

At the moment I speak very basic Japanese since I am in the process of learning and have travelled there only once but for a month. I will be traveling there for another month or so next year. Thank you for your time.

by Moving to Japan.... (guest)  

Re: Moving to Japan 2018/6/16 14:49
I would highly suggest visiting the Reddit sub /r/movingtojapan, and posting your question there. I've read previously that research jobs in Japan involve very long hours and not a lot of free time. I would seriously consider thinking about why you want to move to Japan, and whether another country (including your own) might be better for a research position, particularly concerning the language barrier (while most scientific research is published in English, your labmates may be more comfortable working in Japanese).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread