Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

One day left: which day trip from Osaka? 2018/6/15 19:18
Hello all!

Ifm on my last day here in Japan. Wefre thinking of taking a long day trip tomorrow to maximize the time left. Wefre based in Osaka and have the JR West Wide Area pass. For our last trip, Ifm torn among 3 (so far) ideas.

1. Himeji + Mount Shosha
2. Amanohashidate
3. Kumano Nachi Taisha

Wefre really open to suggestions and comments\wefve already done Kyoto, Nara so we want to go a little bit farther this time.

Thank you everyone!
by Liza Mnr (guest)  

Re: One day left: which day trip from Osaka? 2018/6/16 11:46
Tomorrow is today now so I think it's too late to answer, but some people might fall in the same situation so I will post.

Of course it's one's preference, but if the weather is rainy, Himeji should be better, since you will see inside of the building.

As for the train ride by itself, Kumano-Nachi Taisha should be better. You will see the seashore in the right window with the mountains on the left (the opposite for the return trip). But the Kansai Wide Area Pass does not allow you to take reserved seat, so you might better go to the first station (maybe Shin-Osaka) to queue to take non-reserved seat (usually not so difficult).@It is a very long train ride (4 hours) so this is good if you are some kind of train fan.

Amanohashidate also requirers long train ride, but somewhat shorter than Kii-katsuura. The scenery from the train is less spectacular.

What was your choice? Was that a nice trip?

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: One day left: which day trip from Osaka? 2018/6/17 06:08
I would choose Himeji - far, far less hassle to get to.
Aside from the castle and Shosha, the Kokoen Garden near the castle is exquisite.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One day left: which day trip from Osaka? 2018/6/17 06:35
Kumano not really a day trip as 4 hours away from Osaka.

I'd pick Himeji also for ease of access.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One day left: which day trip from Osaka? 2018/6/18 12:45
Hello everyone!

Thanks for all the input. Though we already went our trip by the time there were replies--we'll keep them in mind the next time we go to Japan. Probably Himeji or even Koyasan if our travel permits.

We went to Amanohashidate--train to Kyoto first thing in the morning then the Hashidate Ltd Exp all the way. Quite a beautiful sight--it's a good thing we didn't need that much time to explore the area. Came back into a well-spent last evening in Osaka.

Thanks again, all! Much appreciation to Japan Guide and all the fellow forum users.
by Liza Mnr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One day left: which day trip from Osaka? 2018/6/19 07:46
Thank you for your feedback.

You are very lucky since a strong earthquake hits Osaka yesterday, the next day of your trip. My son planned to take Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo yesterday but he can't. They say the most transportation systems are normalized today. Are you OK with it? Hope people in the area are fine.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread