Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hyperdia question and cost for travel 2018/6/16 03:37
I have a question regarding Hyperdia and the information for cost related to Limited express cost and seat fee.

One part of my trip will be going from Osaka Station to Amanohashidate.

here is where the Hyperdia shows.

OSAKA

LTD. EXP KONOTORI 1 fee is \1940

reserve seats is \1720
unreserved seats is \1400

transfer FUKUCHIYAMA

TANGO AOMATSU 1 for AMANOHASHIDATE \770.

end AMANOHASHIDATE

If I'm to use the ICOCA card for this trip, what is the actual cost for the trip, will it be just the fee at \2710 (\1940+\770), or will I also need to add the unreserved seat cost at \1400.

I'm trying to work out the total cost if I'm to use the ICOCA card or the Kansai Wide Area Pass.

Thanks

by kms899  

Re: Hyperdia question and cost for travel 2018/6/16 12:09
I think you could use ic card to pay for a full cost ticket. But dont think you can tap on tap off like you would a regular commuter train. Not 100% sure.

But look at total fare for cost when using hyperdia.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hyperdia question and cost for travel 2018/6/16 12:20
You can't use an IC card for this trib, as both Fukuchiyama and Amanohashidate are outside the Icoca validity area.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hyperdia question and cost for travel 2018/6/16 21:20
If I'm to use the ICOCA card for this trip, what is the actual cost for the trip, will it be just the fee at \2710 (\1940+\770), or will I also need to add the unreserved seat cost at \1400.

You must pay for the unreserved seat. So the total fare is 2710 + 1400 = 4110 yen.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Hyperdia question and cost for travel 2018/6/16 22:34
@hakata14

Thanks for the information, I'm not sure what has happened, the last time I compared Hyperdia and google map, I get the 2710 figure, I probably got all the figures mixed up with too much searching.

@Firas

Yep I check the ICOCA map and it does not include Amanohashidate, but I was under the impression that as long as those station has JR west trains, then ICOCA will work, there are a few service that the JR west trains does reach to Amanohashidate from Kyoto.

Thanks, and it does seem the Kansai wide area pass is a better option then a ICOCA or just ordinary tickets.

Thanks for the help
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Hyperdia question and cost for travel 2018/6/16 22:36
@frog1954

Thanks for the help, I probably got some figures mixed up, all is clear now.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread