Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse visa.. 2018/6/16 07:40
I was unlucky for my third designated activity visa.my japanese boyfriend was shocked afyer i told him im going back to my country so he descided for us to get married.so i process all my papers.but my problem is i only have two weeks left of my stay here in japan.im still waiting for my documents from my country.am i still able to continue our marriage plan even if my visa expires already?
by Trixy (guest)  

Re: Spouse visa.. 2018/6/16 13:46
Don't ever overstay your resident status.

If you want to continue to stay in Japan, you need to (1) get married AND (2) apply for a change (from your current status) to "spouse of Japanese national" status while your current status is valid, meaning within the next two weeks.

I have no idea how long the papers from your country takes to arrive, but (1) check with your city hall where you plan to get married, to see if there are any other papers you need to get married, and (2) have your boyfriend check the Ministry of Justice website to check what other documents might be needed to apply for change to "spouse" status.

If the timing looks tight, be sure to leave Japan before your status expires, and come back in again. Just don't overstay.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread