Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Locating coin laundries in three areas 2018/6/22 12:01
Hi all,

We are planning a trip to Fuji Five Lakes, Hakone-Yumoto and Kamakura in 2019. It will be for 16 days (we are very slow travelers). I have been trying to locate coin laundries around the Kawaguchiko Station (Fuji Five Lakes), Hakone-Yumoto station and Kamakura station but my web search skills failed me.

If possible, please give me the addresses, so that I can look it up online. Thank you in advance!

Yeoster
by Yeoster  

Re: Locating coin laundries in three areas 2018/6/22 14:31
Kagaguchiko area
https://goo.gl/6hLh4c

I can’t find coin laundries around Kamakura or Hakone-Yumoto. But where will you be staying? Most moderate class hotels in Japan have in-house self-operated laundry. Or you can find coin laundry in non-touristic area of small to big cities like Yokohama and Odawara, which are usually used as “base” for Kamakura and Hakone.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Locating coin laundries in three areas 2018/6/22 14:52
As PP says in many business hotels there are coin laundries. Otherwise they are in residential areas. Specially there where there are a lot of small apartments. Coin laundries aren’t shiny places so it is quite unlikely that they have an internet page. Your can try the following:
- ask in your hotel for advise
- search for コインランドリー in google maps The only problem is that it brings up dry cleaners as well. Simply because they are more likely to have an internet page or be registered.

It might be more difficult to find them close to the main station and much easier in low key residential areas.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Locating coin laundries in three areas 2018/6/23 11:26
Thank you for your replies.

We have more or less decided to stay in Yokohama for the Kamakura visit (based on the advice of one of the replies) and not do our laundry during our stay in Hakone.
by Yeoster rate this post as useful

reply to this thread