Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can i change my student visa into working? 2018/6/24 00:44
i left my senmon gakko 1 year ago.my visa is until september.and i have university degree from my home country.so the question is can i change my student visa into working?i want to live in japan what should i do?
by jack (guest)  

Re: can i change my student visa into working? 2018/6/24 11:42
since you left senmon gakko one year ago, your student visa (resident status) was already invalid.
you are now overstaying in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: can i change my student visa into working? 2018/6/24 12:02
If you find an employer in Japan who is willing to sponsor you for the change from your current "student" status to a status that allows work, with the help of your employer-to-be you can apply for a change.

But as the previous poster said, you left your senmon gakko 1 year ago, but you have been in Japan on the "student" status without attending any school? When you left the school, did you inform immigration that you did?
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: can i change my student visa into working? 2018/6/24 12:16
It depends on what you did since leaving your school. Did you stay in Japan? If so, what did you do during that time? Or did you return home? Did you update immigration about the end of your studies? If you stayed in Japan without updating immigration, it can be a reason for a future work visa application to be turned down or at least for complications in the application process.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread