Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation in Hakone close to a hospital? 2018/6/24 09:45
Can someone please advise me if there is a convenient place to stay in Hakone that is close to medical facilities? We have two young kids and have needed a hospital in one of our trips so I would love to know where is the best place to stay to be close to medical help. Do all the villages have medical facilities, eg. Gora?
by Wendy C (guest)  

Re: Accommodation in Hakone close to a hospital? 2018/6/24 11:10
You can await and answer or you can use google maps for a quicker answer which shows hospitals as red crosses.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Hakone close to a hospital? 2018/6/24 18:07
What kind of conditions are you worried about? There are 4, 5 that I can spot on google map, one nearer to Odawara, one near Hakone-yumoto, one near Kowakien, and another in Sengokuhara. They tend to have hours like 9 - 12, 14 - 16, closed on one of the weekdays, though.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Hakone close to a hospital? 2018/6/24 19:03
I'm just concerned in case we need medical attention in some unforeseen circumstance (I wouldn't be so worried except we needed the hospital in the middle of the night on another trip). I've been told the only 24 hour hospital is the Odawara city hospital so I'm thinking Hakone Yumoto is probably the best place to stay as it's nice and close to that and still central to all the Hakone sights, does that sound right?
by Wendy C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Hakone close to a hospital? 2018/6/24 19:45
I see your concern ... with small children things happen when they happen! If you are thinking of nighttime emergency type of situation and quick access, yes, then Hakone-Yumoto would be close enough to access Odawara.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Hakone close to a hospital? 2018/6/24 19:52
by Wendy C (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread