Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using JR Tokyo Wide Pass for part of ride 2018/6/29 15:16
The JR Tokyo Wide Pass boundary on the Chuo Main Line ends at Kobuchizawa. If I were to take an Azusa or Super Azusa train from Shinjuku to Matsumoto, how would I pay for the part of the ride between Kobuchizawa and Matsumoto, which the pass does not cover? Can I pay a conductor on the train, or do I have to buy a separate ticket before boarding?
by Bruce (guest)  

Re: Using JR Tokyo Wide Pass for part of ride 2018/6/29 19:32
050-2016-1603
by masa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using JR Tokyo Wide Pass for part of ride 2018/6/29 19:36
this number is JR East Info Line's.
you can ask anything about JR by English. 10:00 ` 18:00 .
by masa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: telephone number 2018/6/29 19:58
050-2016-1603

This number seems to be for domestic calls only....

@masa:

When someone outside Japan has a question,
you should be more careful about telephone numbers.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Using JR Tokyo Wide Pass for part of ride 2018/6/29 20:19
If I were to take an Azusa or Super Azusa train from Shinjuku to Matsumoto,

The additional round-trip cost for the uncovered section
is estimated at 4640 to 6080 yen.
Depending on the itinerary and timeline,
JR East Pass (Nagano, Niigata area) can be more suitable.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_n/

how would I pay for the part of the ride between Kobuchizawa and Matsumoto, which the pass does not cover?
Can I pay a conductor on the train, or do I have to buy a separate ticket before boarding?

Either will do, I think.
You can purchase together at once
the pass plus the (basic fare and Limited Express) tickets for the uncovered section.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Using JR Tokyo Wide Pass for part of ride 2018/6/30 08:44
Those "050" numbers are internet numbers, so it could be going anywhere. Adding the correct country code and it should work. I had one of those numbers a couple of years back.

For the fare not covered by the pass you should be able to just pay at the terminal station and make up the fare difference. However, I think better is to have a ticket covering the part of the journey not covered by the pass before you get on the train, especially for something like the Asuza if you are wanting a reserved seat, otherwise you would have to use a non-reserved seat for part of the journey.

I did ask about this last year at the Tokyo Service Centre (I was going to Fukushima from Nikko), and they struggled with the question. In the end I simply used the pass and a ticket for the additional segment and that worked fine in that case. Probably not the best/easiest option, but it did the job at the time.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread