Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taking a Pharmacist certificate in Japan 2018/7/3 09:03
I'm 15 right now and I live in Japan. I've just recently moved to Japan (because of my parents job) and I can speak, read and write in Japanese (my dad is Japanese).

I'm planning to be a pharmacist when I become older and I would like to know if I take a pharmacist certificate here in Japan, will I be able to work elsewhere? Like if I were to move to another foreign country (other than Japan) will I be able to work there using my pharmacist certificate?
by Anonymus (guest)  

Re: Taking a Pharmacist certificate in Japan 2018/7/3 10:28
You would be better off checking with the country you want to move to. The criteria you have to meet to work in any field varies wildly from country to country.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taking a Pharmacist certificate in Japan 2018/7/3 14:10
It will also depend on what kind of work youwant to do. If you want to work IN a pharmacy local laws may apply where you need to get a local certification. However if you want to work in pharmaceutical industry or research your university diploma will be sufficient. No homologation needed.

( when I was your age I also considered studying pharmacy and did a short stage in a pharmacy and found it very boring. My idea of pharmaceutical studies was that all you can do afterwards is work in a pharmacy. So I decided to study something different ( biotechnology). And finally after not studying pharmacy I ended up in pharmaceutical industry, surrounded by pharmacists and doing exactly the same work as them. Only that I had never imagined that studying pharmacy one could do any other work than working in a pharmacy shop. Which I obviously would not be allowed to do nor have any interest in).
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread