Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving my mother to Japan 2018/7/3 19:08
Hi,

I'll be moving to Japan on a work permit visa in august, I have a dependent mother back at home, is there a way I can have her also move to Japan, I know the 3 months multiple entry Visa exists, but I was looking for a more long term solution.

Help please
by Vijay (guest)  

Re: Moving my mother to Japan 2018/7/4 10:05
Vijay, you can bring your mother for long time too. Please check with immigration. Yes you can bring her for 3 months on temporary visa.
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

Re: Moving my mother to Japan 2018/7/4 15:55
In general, no.

If you think you can convince immigration to make an exception for you, you can try to apply for a CoE for "Long-term resident" status for your mother after you have arrived in Japan. http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/01.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Moving my mother to Japan 2018/7/4 17:03
P.S. : If you want to try your luck at LTR status, you should if possible consult an immigration lawyer in Japan, who can tell you whether you have any chance of success, and if so, help you make a strong application.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Moving my mother to Japan 2018/7/5 10:23
I have inquired about bringing my mother to Japan and immigration said no.

And mentioned that there is still a way to bring if you can prove that your mother does not have income source and also properties.
Bringing your mother to Japan involves so many documents proving that she is really dependent on you and there is no else there in your country to take care.

Please visit the nearby immigration office and explain the situation and they will provide you the requirements and you work on them.
by rams (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Moving my mother to Japan 2018/7/5 15:06
Vijay
I am also Indian living in Japan and I know many Indian colleague who wanted to bring parents due to typical attachment but have not succeeded

There is no reason for immigration to allow more old people coming to Japan and be burden on their system (Japan provides heavy subsidy to elderly in healthcare etc)

If you have to stay with your mother it maybe wise to stay put in your current place, if you bring her on tourist visa there would be no health insurance and paying out of pocket would break your bank
by Indian (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread