Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nice town in Tohoku for week 2018/7/4 18:48
Hi,
we have been in Japan for 6 times, but never in Tohoku. Now it is in our mind.
What we like, is to have one base town for week, what is beautiful itself, and gives good possibilities for different daytrips.
Do you have any suggestion for such?
by girlwithpearl (guest)  

Re: Nice town in Tohoku for week 2018/7/5 11:39
by Mangonel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nice town in Tohoku for week 2018/7/5 11:58
Two towns I enjoyed in Tohoku region are Miyako and Aizu-wakamatsu. Unfortunately, neither are centrally located nor convenient hub city. For maximum convenience as a base for day trips, Morioka or Sendai come to my mind.
by Yanaizu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nice town in Tohoku for week 2018/7/5 12:14
Agree with previous poster that Sendai and Morioka are good choices for day tripping and being a hub, I might also add Aomori. I have stayed in all 3. Sendai has the most hotels. None of them are truly scenic but all are great hubs. I guess which one makes sense depends on the time of year and what you want to do.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Nice town in Tohoku for week 2018/7/5 15:56
I'll chime in on Sendai, too. Very convenient hub for day trips, and the city itself is nice, too. Affordable hotels right across from the station and you could get lost in shopping for days in the station and adjacent department stores if that's your thing.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread