Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestions for Hokkaido trip 2018/7/9 20:19
We are travelling this August by car in Hokkaido. I have planned 3 nights based in Asahikawa to explore Biei, Asahikawa, Furano and Hokuryu
Thereafter, we hope to catch the sea of clouds at Unkai Terrace but we are unable to secure lodging at Tomamu . Instead we will stay at Sahoro Resort which is half an hour's drive away. I have another day and night to spend before catching my flight back. Any suggestions to where I should stay for another night and interesting sights, food to try before catching my flight back from New Chitose Airport the next night?
by sg (guest)  

Re: Suggestions for Hokkaido trip 2018/7/10 16:59
Noboribetsu's Hell Valley (not TOO far out of your way) is definitely an interesting sight, one you can't find in many other places.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestions for Hokkaido trip 2018/7/10 17:25
Hi Gregalor,
Thanks for your suggestion, I remembered visiting Hell's valley many winters ago.. Think it is too hot for a summer visit plus I think the ryokans are out of my budget.
Rgds
sg
by sg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestions for Hokkaido trip 2018/7/25 18:15
Tokachidake Onsen for Unkai, but it could be costly. Obihiro for sweets tasting. Ikeda for a winery. Lake Shikaribetsu for a hike up to Mt Hakuun. Lake Nukabira for an onsen. Sounkyo for waterfalls and Kurodake --- go counterclockwise to the airport through Asahikawa, or rearrange? Lake Onneto/Akan and go back by an expressway. Or, just Lake Shikotsu near the airport.
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread