Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa waiver for 4th time 2018/7/15 05:45
My total stay on tourist visas amounted for 130 days.

Before I was in Japan on a Working Holiday Visa, as far as I know it doesn't count towards tourist visa 180 limit, am I correct? And another thing I'm in the process of getting COE for student visa, the result will come late August, would it affect my arrival?

Some more info:

My WHV ended in the beginning of February then I came back at the end of same month on visa waver. I have 3 visa waver stickers, had no questions asked, and total stay is 131 days (1st time was just 8 days, 2nd - 78 days, 3rd - 44 days). 8th July is the last time I left and I want to come back within a week.

I stay with my girlfriend there (she's Chinese), no work or any illegal stuff obviously.
by shp182  

Re: Visa waiver for 4th time 2018/7/15 11:57
There is no "180 day" limit. You can come into the country fifty times a year if you need to. (In the year before I got resident status I did eight trips for 220 days - there was no problem.)

The "180 day" limit is actually a tax issue and non-specific to Japan.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Visa waiver for 4th time 2018/7/15 15:01
Do you know if waiting for COE would affect granting me an entry?
by shp182 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread