Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Am I on the right track for train passes? 2018/7/21 13:13
My partner and I will be in Japan for 19 days this October and plan to buy 14 day Japan Rail pass + other passes as follows:

1. Kansai airport – Osaka (purchase single ticket)
Osaka day trip to Koyasan (koyasan world heritage ticket ltd express)
2. 2 nights Osaka (Osaka Amazing Pass)
3. 2 nights Takayama (start 14 day Japan Rail Pass)
4. 2 nights Hakone (Hakone 3 day pass)
5. 3 nights Tokyo (subway 72hr ticket)
6. 1 night Kyoto for festival
7. 2 nights Hiroshima
8. 3 nights Kyoto
9. 1 night Osaka
10 Kansai airport(single ticket)

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
by Mish (guest)  

Re: Am I on the right track for train passes? 2018/7/21 15:59
Because you have the JR pass, you can use that in Tokyo so the metro pass will be of less value. Get a SUICA/PASMO card somewhere along the way for all the train companies that you haven't covered (like Kyoto metro).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Am I on the right track for train passes? 2018/7/22 08:40
Also confirm is the Osaka amazing pass will actually work for you situation and interests. For myself, I found only the castle was a place I wanted to visit, so the pass wouldn't have worked.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Am I on the right track for train passes? 2018/7/22 11:54
Thank you both, I will look more closely at the Osaka Amazing Pass and appreciate your advice.
by Mish (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Am I on the right track for train passes? 2018/7/31 23:26
Check the limitations on the Odakyu Fuji 3- day pass and whether it fits your needs - I think you can only take the train from Odawara once and have to travel the other distance from the Fuji Lake Area by highway bus. I seem to remember that you need a reservation for the latter, which may be hard to change in case you want to take an earlier/later bus.
by Mary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Am I on the right track for train passes? 2018/8/1 10:04
As an additional observation, you have a few odd changes in location. For instance, your final night in Osaka results in lots of wasted time shifting hotels - you can easily just stay in Kyoto - the two cities are not far apart.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread