Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

flea markets in Tokyo 2005/5/7 04:40
I will be studying in Japan, and I am interested in going to a Flea Market in Tokyo. I am wondering which flea market is the best to go to? By the way what do they usually sell? I am interested in buying Japanese books, and CD's? Do you know if they offer these items?

thanks
by Larry  

Flea marketing in Tokyo 2005/6/12 10:43
If you're looking for books and CDs, a chain of stores called "Book Off," which sells second-hand books, might be better than a flea market. For new stuff, the Meiji Park or Yoyogi Park flea markets are probably best. For older things, the Togo Shrine (1st, 4th, and 5th Sundays) and Yasakuni Shrine (usually 3rd Sunday) are best. The Tokyo International Forum flea market seems more upscale and artsy to me, but has interesting things. The Ueno flea market, held next to the pond in Ueno Park, is next scheduled for July 17th to August 4th, but is smaller than the others I've mentioned.
by Thane Doss rate this post as useful

flea market website 2005/6/13 10:36
Here is a website which gives a month-by-month guide to the major Tokyo and Yokohama flea markets/antique markets:

http://events.paperlantern.net/month.php

(if you go to the "category" field and change it from "all" to "flea market" you'll get a clearer list).

And this page has a description of the main regular markets and their locations:

http://www.paperlantern.net/fleamarket/
by tokyoite rate this post as useful

Update on flea markets 2008/1/27 12:13
I suppose I should have updated this long ago. For the past year, the Yasakuni Shrine flea market has been every Sunday, and for some time now, the Togo Shrine market has been only the 1st Sunday of every month. My apologies to anyone who was misled by my failure to update when these changes were made.
by Thane Doss rate this post as useful

reply to this thread