Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Nagano Niigata Pass - Takayama round trip 2018/7/29 02:25
Hello all,

I am wondering whether the discounted round trip ticket for the bus between Matsumoto and Takayama (4500 yen) allows you to hop on and off at different places and whether the ticket is valid on several days

My plan is to travel from Matsumoto to Takayama and stay there for a night. The next day I would like to travel to Hirayu onsen and stay there for 1 or 2 nights as well. Do you think this itinerary is possible with the round trip ticket? Or is the ticket intended to be used within one day? Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the official website.

Thanks in advance!
Andre
by white wombat  

Re: JR Nagano Niigata Pass - Takayama round trip 2018/7/29 09:03
I am wondering whether the discounted round trip ticket for the bus between Matsumoto and Takayama (4500 yen) allows you to hop on and off at different places and whether the ticket is valid on several days

No, it does not allow you to hop on and off. It is valid for up to 7 days.
It is a regular round-trip ticket that is simply discounted for pass holders from 5660 yen to 4500 yen.

If you wanted to get off at Hirayu, you cannot use the special discounted ticket. You would have to buy three separate, regular one-way tickets:
Matsumoto-Takayama: 3190 yen
Takayama-Hirayu: 1570 yen
Hirayu-Matsumoto: 2370 yen
Total: 7130 yen

by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Nagano Niigata Pass - Takayama round trip 2018/7/29 23:42
Alright, thank you for the info!
by white wombat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread