Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Hakone to Mishima (luggage) 2018/7/30 02:12
I'll be heading to mishima from shinjuku with a stopover at hakone using hakone free pass. I would like to avoid bring my large luggage around when I'm at hakone.

Do hakone luggage carry service covers delivery to mishima area?

I an planning to head north to the ropeway then take the ship to the south then straight head to mishima. If I were to leave my luggage at one of the train station at hakone, I would have to travel a full circle to collect my luggage then only head to mishima.

Do anyone have a suggestion?
by onedirex  

Re: Tokyo to Hakone to Mishima (luggage) 2018/7/30 08:00
Unfortunately, Mishima is not covered by the hakone luggage carry service.

I recommend looking into regular delivery services, e.g. send your larger luggage directly from your Tokyo hotel to your Mishima hotel:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Hakone to Mishima (luggage) 2018/7/30 08:50
The luggage forwarding is over-night, so that does not look like it will help.

Because you are heading to Mishima, the free-pass you could/should get would be the one starting at Odawara as you are not returning to Shinjuku. Then you can either arrive via Odakyu or JR rail, whichever is easiest depending where in Tokyo you are starting from. The shinkansen option is only Y3,220 and (of course) quick, but even the other JR express trains get you to the area quite efficiently.

You can store your luggage at Odawara quite easily and the bus from Ashinoko back to the train station is quite an efficient way of completing the anti-clockwise loop.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread