Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 questions about an interview 2018/7/30 12:10
I have three questions about an old interview with a video game developer.

1. The developer is talking about a game that was ultimately cancelled but that received coverage in magazine articles during its development.

「いや、シナリオもまだ完成していませんでしたから。結局、ペンディング状態のまま流れちゃったんですね。」

Does the use of 流れちゃった here refer to the game (development was moving forward while the game was in a pending state) or the coverage (articles were published while the game was in a pending state)?

2. The developer is asked about a feature in a new game—whether his past games had similar features.

Interviewer: 「将来のゲームでも、一時的にタイマーを回すようなものはありましたよね。」
Developer: 「単純にいえばそういうことがありますよね。他にも、まあいろいろと...あんなことや、このことも...次回で使いたいので言えませんが。」

The 他にも、まあいろいろと...あんなことや、このことも is the part I don't understand. I gather from examples on Google that あんなことや、このことも would be (in this context) used to mean something like "this and that." Is this passage just inarticulate hedging? ("There are also, well, lots of things...this and that...")

3. The developer is talking about creating more detailed character graphics on a more advanced video game system.

「[Famicom]だとドットがないですから無理なんですが、本当はね、例えば手をこう挙げるでしょう。 そしたら16パターンくらいでね、すうっと挙げてほしいんですがね。 小さいやつが精密に動くって、なんか快感があるでしょう。」

I've having trouble with the middle. Is it something like: "But really, I mean—when the characters raise their arms like this, for example—when they do that, you want their hands to just shoot right up smoothly, animated with like 16 frames."

Thank you for your patience and assistance.
by Blenheim (guest)  

Re: 3 questions about an interview 2018/7/30 15:37
1. Here the verb "nagareru " means "get cancelled," go down the drain, never made it, rather than moving forward.

2. "There was... this and that..." it is obvious from the last clause that he doesn't want to talk about it because he wants to use them on another occasion/game.

3. As a non-game player, I cannot figure this one out :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 3 questions about an interview 2018/7/31 00:58
Thank you for your assistance, as always!
by Blenheim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread