Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

In room kashikiri Tohoku region 2018/8/5 20:25
Hi all,

On our engagement trip my partner and I are looking for a place to stay for 2 nights on the way from Tokyo to Sapporo in early February. While we have already planned stays near excellent onsen later in the trip, we are hoping to spend these 2 nights at a facility that has in room private onsen (kashikiri). We will be relying on public transport to get to our accomodation.

Are there any suggestions for where we should be looking? We were obviously thinking tohoku or southern hokkaido. At this point we're not concerned about budget, just want to see our options.

Than you for any and all help
by CB (guest)  

Re: In room kashikiri Tohoku region 2018/8/6 11:37
Ginzan Onsen is a lovely onsen destination in the Tohoku region during winter time. Ginzanso has in-room onsen plan. The only thing is that Ginzan Onsen is fairly small and doesnft take long to walk around, so 1-night stay should be sufficient.

http://www.ginzanso.jp/lang/english.php#!page3

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: In room kashikiri Tohoku region 2018/8/6 23:12
Just FYI, kashikiri (‘έ‚΅Ψ‚θ) in the context of onsen refers to a bath that can be booked for private use, usually 40 mins to an hour, and does not mean an 'in-room' private bath. I guess you're looking for a room with its own private hot spring, right? Such baths are typically (but not always) on the balcony of a ryokan room and are called rotenburo. You probably need to be searching for ˜I“V•—˜C•t‚«‹qŽΊ (rotenburo tsuki heya) or 'room with a private outdoor bath'.
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

reply to this thread