Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ideas for good base for Kumano Kado 2018/8/13 06:40
Hi everyone,

I'll be travelling around Shikoku and Wakayama in October 2018. Near the end of my trip, I'm planning to hike some of the trails of the Kumano Kado.
I've found the website http://www.tb-kumano.jp to be very useful and I read about the several two-day hikes. Staying at different places along the way seems nice, but I kinda prefer to have one base to start/return to. I think by doing this, I can save a bit of money. For example, the two-day hike Hongu area to Kumano Nachi Taisha (or reverse) has a stop in Koguchi. Would it also be possible to stay at Shingu for example and take the bus to the trail?
This is just an example of what I'm thinking about, so if you know other nice hiking routes or similar experiences, then I would like to hear from you. If you need more information about my trip or anything else, feel free to ask.

Many thanks in advance!
Nick
by NickvDoormaal  

reply to this thread