Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waseda SILS / ICU Comparison-which is better? 2018/8/15 12:44
Hi, I am looking to study in Japan next April, and the only institutions available with degree programs in English starting in April are ICU and Waseda (SILS or Japan Studies). Most G30 programs start in September.

While I initially would have preferred to study Political Science & Economics at Waseda, it is not available and the SILS program interests me a lot, as I can still choose to concentrate in politics and economics, or any other subject. ICU also has a wide range of majors to choose from.

That being said, while some may prefer the more central location of Waseda and what the area has to offer, I really like the suburban setting of ICU. In fact, I'd consider it a plus. It also has a longer history of teaching in English than SILS. I also read that, being a smaller school, ICU also spends a lot more per student than any other Japanese university.

Does anyone have any information or opinion to offer in order to make a comparison of the quality of the institutions/education in each program, career/job prospects (in Japan), and so on? thanks
by Justinius1  

reply to this thread