Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

PayPal usage in Japan 2018/8/15 19:57
So, I've recently moved to Japan and opened up an account with both Fukuoka Bank and JP Post Bank per my schools direction. My question is, where do you find the routing number? My cash cards have not yet come in but I do have the passbooks--so I apologize if this information is located somewhere on there. I'm going to attempt to use paypal/transferwise, but I don't know where to locate this information and google translate has been unhelpful. The closest I can find are the 3-digit numbers but those obviously aren't enough.

Any help--even those that mean I need to get a credit card/etc. would be extremely welcomed!
by Chepan (guest)  

Re: PayPal usage in Japan 2018/8/16 09:45
I have an online bank account tied to my Paypal account, and I can withdraw the money I received on PayPal into my bank account (certain fees apply).

For sending money, I have ever tried it from my bank account (I also have a credit card tied to it, and that is where I make payments from).

For bank account info, each bank has a 3-digit code, followed by another 3-digit for the branch, then a 7 or 8-digit one for your account. The bank code does not appear on your passbook, but the rest is squally does.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: PayPal usage in Japan 2018/8/17 08:49
There is a four digit bank code (my two are 0037 and 0397 - sits on the home page of the bank web site), but I have not heard of it referred to as a routing number before.

Fukuoka Bank has theirs on the top/home page too: 0177
JapanPost Bank is the same: 金融機関コード:9900
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: PayPal usage in Japan 2018/8/17 17:46
routing number is available for financial banks probably only in the US system.
there are no routing numbers for financial banks in Japan.
when you open a new paypal account in Japan (at Japanese website), I think you can tie the new paypal account to your Japanese bank account.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread