Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waiting for Depending visa COE 2018/8/17 11:59
I am waiting for the COE for my husband.
I came to Japan on April this year and applied for COE for depend visa for my husband.
Before apply I checked with immi Tokyo and they said I can apply anytime and just apply COE with my Zaishokushoumeisho (employment prove letter). because I have no tax reports yet. So applied with all completed cocuments on last July.
Now it`s almost 7 weeks. It`s very hard to waiting....
I am afraid that they think my income is not enough. Do anyone know how much is the income level they approve?
by Minda (guest)  

Re: Waiting for Depending visa COE 2018/8/20 14:20
Hi Minda,

Don't worry. It's a normal thing these days. Dependent CoE can take upto more than 3 months. This happened to my son who was born in my country irrespective of myself and my wife having visa.

If there is some fault in your application / tax / income documents you must have been notified by now. If you are employed the most important thing is the backing up from your employer (their official letter and seal)

Hope for the best and try giving a call to Shingawa office. Usually Aug-Sep is a bit busy with Foreigners applying for Universities in October 2018
by Adiir (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for Depending visa COE 2018/8/20 14:45
Hi Adiir

Thank you very much for your reply.
Itfs very hard to waiting. Anyway there is nothing to do. So we will cross fingers and waiting for good news.
Good Luck
by Minda (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for Depending visa COE 2018/8/20 14:45
Hi Adiir

Thank you very much for your reply.
Itfs very hard to waiting. Anyway there is nothing to do. So we will cross fingers and waiting for good news.
Good Luck

Re: Waiting for Depending visa COE 2018/8/23 16:43
Hi Adiir

My friend who applied eligibility for employment visa just received within 2weeks. But my one its already 8weeks.
Did you receive it?

Re: Waiting for Depending visa COE 2018/8/24 16:37
Hi Minda,

I think CoE for job / employment falls under a different category. Since the Employer is guaranteeing for it the Immigration officer has more freedom in approving. Where in your case since you are still new to Japan it will take some time. (that's my thought)

FYI :
When I came to JP as a student, my Uni applied me for CoE, I got it less than 2 months (delivered to my country via EMS)
When I applied CoE for my wife it took only 2 weeks (back in 2015) and I did it myself without any backing from uni.
When I applied CoE for my son (after he was born in end of 2016 @ my country) it took me more than 3 months to get it.
(See the difference of having some backing up / support )

I heard that applying CoE or other visa related issues from prefectural sub offices takes less time since the number of processing applications is less than that of Shinagawa main office.

Have faith.
by Adiir (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread