Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buy JR tickets online 2018/8/20 22:09
I just made a booking and realised that my travel date coincides with national foundation day (11 Feb 2019). I am travelling to Asahikawa on 12 Feb 2019 and it is a must go trip at a particular timing. Is there anyway I can book tickets in advance online? I will only reach Sapporo on 11 Feb 2019. So thatfs the earliest I can buy the train tickets in Japan, which Ifm afraid might be too late given the peak period.
by Shin (guest)  

Re: Buy JR tickets online 2018/8/21 10:37
Can always buy non reserved standing tickets.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy JR tickets online 2018/8/21 11:39
For a lot of national holidays you wouldn't even know they were on. 11th Feb - not a peak day I've seen mentioned anywhere, but I don't notice a lot of the holidays when they occur - usually only because the commuter trains are quieter.
However, you can get non-reserved seats, and there are a couple of services that do ticket buying in advance. Given the number of trains and alternatives, what is the specific timing requirement - that is not clear.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Buy JR tickets online 2018/8/21 13:41
I think it should be OK on the 12th as Sapporo Snow Festival will finish on the 11th. Also Chinese New Year period will be slowing down. Hence less visitors from those countries which celebrate it.

I can tell you it wasn't exactly fun when you have to stand on a packed train all the way from Hakodate to Sapporo when Sapporo Snow Festival and Chinese New Year coincide.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buy JR tickets online 2018/8/21 17:48
I've been in Hokkaido on Foundation Day. It's just like any other day.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Buy JR tickets online 2018/8/22 00:37
I will only reach Sapporo on 11 Feb 2019.

How and when in the day will you come?
Can you collect the JR tickets by 21:00 (Japan Standard Time)?

hakata14:
Can always buy non reserved standing tickets.

Maybe gorh is missing after greservedh;
a standing ticket is different from a non-reserved seat ticket.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread