Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Calculating toll fare 2018/8/24 22:34
Hi, I've been trying to find a toll calculator but hey couldn't seem to work with google translate. I need to calculate toll fares from kawaguchiko - hakone - yokohama - tokyo bay. Appreciate your help! Thank you!
by Van (guest)  

Re: Calculating toll fare 2018/8/25 13:51
use google maps and write the toll cost down. then add them all up.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calculating toll fare 2018/8/25 15:09
HyperDia is the most famous one.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
by miya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calculating toll fare 2018/8/25 15:44
Hi thank you for the replies.

I tried google maps and hyperdia. In google maps it says "toll road" but does not provide a cost. Is there another function to click?

Hyperdia seem to only have trains or bus search.

I must be missing something. Thank you!
by Van (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calculating toll fare 2018/8/25 15:48
Some time ago somebody posted this http://www2.kumagaku.ac.jp/teacher/~masden/tolls/ which you will hopefully find helpful. Public transport is so good in Japan that I would need a really compelling reason to drive.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Calculating toll fare 2018/8/25 16:56
Hi Stan,

Thank you! The link you posted worked. I couldn't use it with English translation overlay at first. So I turned off the translation, typed in the english word into the form which produced the Japanese word and a map and the toll charges. Thank you so much.

We're hiring a car to drive around the fuji lakes area and returning it to the hotel area in tokyo instead of stopping to take a train. This saves us 5 train tickets, not much difference in terms of price, after adding the one way fee and toll charges, and saves luggage hassle from train changes :)
by Van (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calculating toll fare 2018/8/25 17:19
Glad to be of help. Enjoy your trip.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread