Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kitano Tenmangu Momiji-en Light-up 2018/8/27 00:13
Hi!

I read than during the light-up the Momiji-en will be opened from 9am till 8pm. Illumination starts at sunset. Does this mean we can be there before sunset and remain until 8pm [Just paying single entry fee of 700 yen?]
Secondly, the light-up is only held during the weekends? We are planning to go on the 24th of November (Saturday). How can I check whether the light-up event is on or not?

Tq, Mel
by Melanie Putra  

Re: Kitano Tenmangu Momiji-en Light-up 2018/8/28 04:35
I could not find a straight answer from the shrine web site, but the impression I got from a travel blog site was that Momiji-en opens at 09:00 and closes at 20:00 during the light up period. The light up starts at sunset, which is around 17:00 that time of the year. So, you could enter around 16:00, for example, and stay to watch the light up. Momiji-en is open everyday during the autumn color period from 10:00 to 16:00 normally, but hours are extended from 09:00 to 20:00 during the light up period.

The open period may change depending on the season, and visitors are encouraged to check the shrine's facebook page for the latest status.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/kitanotenmangu/posts/?ref=page_internal

by miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kitano Tenmangu Momiji-en Light-up 2018/8/28 11:12
Thanks Miyako.. Especially the FB link..
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

reply to this thread