Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 17:46
Hi Guys,

Japan Embassy Grant me a 15days Stay in Japan but my stay there is 22 Days. how to apply a extension of stay for 7 days or can i apply a extension of stay ?

when and where i can apply extension of stay
by Joseph Miranda (guest)  

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 19:41
First I would check the immigration website (easy google search) and check that your country can have an extension. You failed to mention your country.

Second, that same website will have the details on what you need to do if you are permitted to have an extension.

I'm pretty sure though that all the countries that only get 15 day visas cannot get extension. But best to check the website.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 19:50
Im from Philippines.

by Joseph Miranda (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 22:39
You apply for an extension at an immigration office just like for other types of visas. The chances of it being granted are pretty low, however.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 22:41
Is it okay to apply extension when im at the japan?

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 23:33
what is the reason for extension ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 23:48
Because my plane tcket is on 22 of september thats is 22 days and i have a familty or aunt there.

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/29 23:57
that is your mistake.
you should buy a new one.
I think immigration will not accept such a reason. you have to show the reason that you can't solve the problem by money.

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 00:05
But when we i apply i already declare 22 days of stay.

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 00:12
even if your original plan is 22 days, immigration gives you only 15 days, your stay is granted only for 15 days.
your original plan is denied.

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 01:57
When you first applied for a tourist visa and told them you'd need 22 days, you should have waited to see what the answer was. They're only allowing you to be there for 15 days, so you should have bought a return ticket for day 16. If you failed to follow their rules, they won't be lenient with you and most likely will deny your extension based on this fact. You should have waited until your visa was granted to buy your airfare. It appears the Japanese government isn't very appreciative or lenient with those people who fail to prepare.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 02:18
i did not know this is my first time. i know 30 days stay. :)

by Joseph Paragua (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 09:34
Because my plane tcket is on 22 of september
Fortunately you are not in the country yet, otherwise you would be at risk of being here illegally with the consequences that go with that - which can be severe.
You have said clearly the granted permission is for a stay of 15 days. If you want to avoid an illegal stay, you should change your plane ticket. Fronting up to an embassy asking for an extension knowing your departure date exceeded your visa is a weak reason.
What I find interesting is that you could have been granted up to 90 days according to the information on the MOFA website, but you only have a 15 day visa. https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/000121323.pdf
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 10:55
Fortunately you are not in the country yet, otherwise you would be at risk of being here illegally with the consequences that go with that - which can be severe.
You have said clearly the granted permission is for a stay of 15 days. If you want to avoid an illegal stay, you should change your plane ticket.

I strongly agree with JapanCustomTours. Obtaining return ticket to shorten your visit within 15 days is the only practical way to avoid problems. It will be easier to negotiate with the airline to change ticket than asking the extension of the VISA. Of course it depends on the airline and the type of the ticket.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 11:01
We cannot negociate at the airlines for rebooking. If we rebook i will pay almost 400$. I cannot afford that price we only got the ticket is 100$ for 2 roundticket.

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 11:22

Actually it is much more easy: on arrival in Japan, he will be denied entry. Tourists from certain countries are more scrutinized and immigration officer will probably find it strange he has a 15 days visa and 22 days plane ticket. Visa overstayer in the making. It will very likely lead him to an isolated room with many questions and a very unpleasant moment.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 13:51
$400
-or-
Denied entry
-or-
Banned from entry 1 up to 5 years.

I'd pay the $400...
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 14:16
-or-

Give up your Japan trip this time. You might find cheap return tickets in the future. If you go with the 22 day return ticket, you may not be able to enter Japan or banned for 5 years.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 18:11
You are not asked to rebook a flight, just to change dates which shouldn't cost that much, only LCC is not possible to change, as many has said, you are willing to stay, but be prepared to accept the consequence.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Extension of Stay Tourist Visa 2018/8/30 21:46
during the submission of the requirements for visa application, the travel agent ask and remind you not to book your ticket until the visa released.
by ///// (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

reply to this thread