Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels near rail tracks 2018/8/30 04:43
There is a hotel I'm interested in staying at for a week but it is beside rail tracks. Used by local lines and shinkansen that go into the nearby station. Is it safe to assume that the trains don't operate past midnight so I shouldn't be kept up all night?
by Chris (guest)  

Re: Hotels near rail tracks 2018/8/30 09:38
Shinkansen operations stop about midnight. Local trains maybe until 1am, but local lines may run at 5am and the Shinkansen at 6am. This definitely depends on where you're at, meaning the town/city.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels near rail tracks 2018/8/30 09:46
One time, I stayed in a 5th floor room overlooking tracks of a train station. The room was very well insulated if windows are closed, and the noise from the station was not an issue at all. It depends on how old the hotel is, I suppose.
by tetsuko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels near rail tracks 2018/8/30 10:08
You probably wouldn't notice the trains, but the trains usually stop over-night.
I will throw in a "however"; I stayed in a room adjacent to tracks where there were still freight trains during the night (that was no problem), but there was also track-work. The track-work was noisy with some of the cutting/power tools they were using - that kept me awake a while. Pretty rare though.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels near rail tracks 2018/8/30 13:54
Modern hotels have good sound deadening. I'm doubtful you'd notice the noise enough to upset you.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels near rail tracks 2018/8/31 01:35
This one is near Hakata Station and was built this year. Of course reading reviews of it they mention some noise but they don't say if it was also during the night.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread