Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

night food stall and izakaya 2018/8/31 16:28
I want to know the location and the business time of some good food stalls and izakaya in Osaka, Sapporo, Kyoto and Tokyo.
I want to try to visit stalls such as oden cart, and ramen stalls.
I also want to try to visit izakaya, but I never seems to found one.
by rec081  

Re: night food stall and izakaya 2018/9/1 00:36
I just did a Google search on "Izakaya Tokyo" and got over 9 million hits.
by susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: night food stall and izakaya 2018/9/1 01:07
is it? then I think it is because I didn't really know what izakaya looks like then.
what does izakaya looks like? and where is their common place? (downtown, etc)
by rec081 rate this post as useful

Re: night food stall and izakaya 2018/9/1 01:10
Go to Google Maps and expand any area in any city... You will find a fork symbol. Those are eateries. If you hover over them, you'll see what they are. If you click on them, the eatery's info will appear on the left and they may even have a website.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: night food stall and izakaya 2018/9/1 03:11
Izakayas are EVERYWHERE!

The name of the eatery and the sign may not say specifically "izakaya", but that's like a tavern not spelling out "tavern" in its name. I'm not sure if there are definitive criteria for an eatery to qualify as an izakaya, but it's a place where you can eat and drink (drink, mostly).

If the menu is available outside, look for (1) lots of drink selection, and (2) mostly appetizers or small portion food tapas style. There may be a decorative sake barrel or two outside. Inside, there should be a counter seats and optionally some tables; the atmosphere is not family oriented.
by Nonn Bay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: night food stall and izakaya 2018/9/1 05:21
Izakayas and food stalls are everywhere. You only need to walk 5-10 minutes in a big circle and you'll find them. You'll find more around train stations, nightlife areas and shopping areas of residential neighbourhoods.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread