Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/2 04:42
I am planning on flying to Tokyo, Japan on economy class, I was looking for good recommendations on airlines; I am not overly concerned about price as I would rather pay more and be "comfortable". I want to avoid flying any American airline and also avoid Air Canada.

Thanks
by SelfMade  

Re: Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/2 11:47
ANA and JAL seem to be your only other options....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/2 20:38
Go with any airline that fly to japan, first class or business class.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/2 21:10
I recently flew JAL Economy between Tokyo and Melbourne. It beats Air China any day. I have not flown ANA long haul but they are also a high quality airline
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/3 03:47
ANA FTW!!
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/3 04:16
I've flown ANA many many times. I think the entertainment offerings are great, the flight attendants are very kind, and when I had issues on my July flight, they had someone meet me at the gate in LAX to give me special passes to get through Customs and Security faster so I wouldn't miss my connection that was not part of my ANA flight.

I think the food is decent and like JAL and they treat children using their airline quite well and give them a special treat. They had an interesting vegetarian vegetable broth on my flight as well as a special juice.

I do find the economy in ANA and JAL is a little cramped compared to economy on JetBlue and holy crud my 45 minute flight on Alaska was amazing, I don't know if it was just luck or the route or what! But ANA and JAL are incredibly better than United, Delta or American, which I will pay more to avoid using. ANA and JAL were also both much better than Hawaiian. (which will not let you request special meals and thinks watching your plane's flight route is free "entertainment.") If you can pay a little more for ANA/JAL Economy Plus sections on both JAL and ANA they are much nicer than regular economy. I've heard good things about Virgin, but have never personally used them. I happen to like ANA/JAL because I love being able to watch Japanese movies subbed as well as US movies dubbed into Japanese, though nearly every Japanese movie I've seen on JAL or ANA ends up being a tear jerker for me.

Hope this helps!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Best Airline to Fly to Tokyo from Toronto 2018/9/3 13:38
Neither ANA nor JAL fly from Toronto. The closest to Toronto they come is Chicago.

I've flown Toronto to Tokyo, both Narita and Haneda, on Air Canada several time and never had a problem. It's a direct flight to both airports, though lately Air Canada has been favouring Haneda airport from Toronto. I think to get to Narita now, you have to stop in Vancouver first.

by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread