Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Apartment in Tokyo 2018/9/2 17:57
Hi Guys,

any recommendation for Apartment in Tokyo for 6 People with location in JR pass coverage.
thank you

Venny
by VennySaarce  

Re: Apartment in Tokyo 2018/9/3 21:54
JR pass covers all JR lines in Tokyo (and Japan), you should narrow down to a specific line or area of Tokyo.

Also, your options will vary wildly depending on whether you want to stay for longer or shorter than one month.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Apartment in Tokyo 2018/9/4 00:18
I think you're asking the wrong kind of question.

The JR Pass is good for long-distance travel, but it's a gigantic waste of money to use it just for travel within the Tokyo area. (Obviously if you have a day or two left over you can use it, but it really doesn't save you that much money within Tokyo.)
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Apartment in Tokyo 2018/9/4 21:19
Hi,

or how about those in Tokyo Daily Pass ? because i heard Keisei line is not in tokyo daily pass
by VennySaarce rate this post as useful

Re: Apartment in Tokyo 2018/9/5 11:33
For most people visiting Tokyo and staying for a while, the local area passes don't pay off.
Even some of the longer trips I do across the city (say 2 hours each way), then it might make sense, but that is pretty unusual.
Considering how far you can go for 500 yen, if you wanted to live/rent a long way out into the suburbs you could, but it might not be the most sensible.

What is your actual plan?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Apartment in Tokyo 2018/9/6 11:51
I wonder for what purpose you will find an apartment.
How long would you be in Japan?

For you to be eligible for most JR passes
(including Japan Rail Pass)
as a non-Japanese person,
you have to be under Temporary Visitor status of residence.
That means,
when you plan to be in Japan for over 90 calendar days,
you cannot hold those JR passes.

how about those in Tokyo Daily Pass

What is your source regarding that pass?
It seems information on a pass of that name is not found on the web.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread