Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 04:01
Hello,

We plan to go from Matsuyama to Nagashima Island. Who can help us with a timetable of the fast ferry (30 minutes?).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Lyset
by Lyset  

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 17:41
Matsuyama to Nagashima Island

Which Matsuyama and Nagashima are you referring to? I guess you mean Matsuyama city in Ehime prefecture but I am not sure for Nagashima. Is it Nagashima island in Hiroshima prefecture?
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 18:12
Hi,

It's indeed Matsuyama city in Ehime prefecture, and Nagashima island in Hiroshima prefecture.

Thank you!

by Lyset rate this post as useful

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 20:53
As far as I searched there is no direct ferry/high-speed boat from Matsuyama to Nagashima. Nagashima is a small island connected by bridge to Osaki-Kamijima island. There is a ferry route from Imabari (not Matsuyama, you must take train from Matsuyama to Imabari), 1+ hour, 4 times a day to Osaki-Kamijima. From the ferry terminal in Osaki-Kamijima (Kinoe is the name) you must take taxi (I am not sure, but I can't find bus in the Osaki-Kamijima).

http://www.omishima-bl.net/index.html

You can also take ferry from Takehara (Hiroshima prefecture), 30 min. Is Matsuyama a "must" place for you?

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 21:07
Hi,

I found this http://www.nakajimakisen.co.jp/. But I don't understand Japanese... (yet).
It's also spelled as Nakajima... (?)

Nakajima is not a must. Our plan is that we will cycle from Onomichi to Imabari, in 2 days. We'll sleep somewhere halfway (tips for that are welcome, too).

From Imabari we like to go to Matsuyama (and take the ferry to Hiroshima the day after). We saw a nice place to stay (the Bonds in Nakajima). But we are not sure if the ferry goes often enough and is practical. So most probably we'll stay in Matsuyama for the night.

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 21:25
OK.

In your first post you wrote NAGASHIMA, so I thought it should be Nagashima near Osaki-Kamishima in Hiroshima prefecture. But if you mean NAKAJIMA close to Matsuyama, then it would be another story.

You can see the translated ferry/high speed boat timetable.

https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=j...

I am sorry to say that I am not familiar with these islands so I can't recommend a island to stay in. But I guess these islands are small and non-touristic so the accommodations are not so many.

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 21:26
I'm sorry that I was not clear enough.
Thank you for your help!

Re: Matsuyama to Nagashima - how to get there? 2018/9/3 21:56
If you will stay in The Bonds in Nakajima, the name of the port is Oura. From Matsuyama, take Iyotetsu Takahama line to Takayama and take high speed boat from Takayama to Oura. I don't think there will be English speaking staff, but you just say "Nakajima" and you will be fine. Enjoy your trip!

reply to this thread