Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pension withdrawal specific to Indian 2018/9/4 13:09
I have been working in Japan for past 4years and after two months I am going back to my country to join a new job. I am planning to apply for the pension lump sum withdrawal. While going through the document I saw there is a clause "coverage periods totalization" where it is written as :
"If you have coverage periods of certain countries which have totalization agreement with Japan, you may be eligible for totalized benefits from Japan or/and the other country, if you meet certain conditions. If you apply and receive the Payments, your Japanese coverage periods used for the purpose of the Payments calculation will no longer be valid for totalization purpose. * As of August 2017, following countries have totalization agreement with Japan: Germany, United States of America, Belgium, France, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain, Ireland, Brazil, Switzerland, Hungary, India, and Luxembourg"

Can someone explain to me whether my situation (leaving a job in japan to join a job in India) is also applicable in this job? Or is it only for the people who are coming from these countries to work in Japan?
I also want to know the procedure about this specific to India, how to transfer the deposited pension amount to India.

Thank you in advance.
by sbhat (guest)  

Re: Pension withdrawal specific to Indian 2018/9/5 08:24
the clause if for the residents of those countries. If your country is not on the list you better to contact your pension company and discuss your options.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread