Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto in 7 days possible? 2018/9/6 00:32
Hi,

I was wondering if visiting all three location possible in just seven days during late March to April? Or does it seem wiser to quit either Kyoto or Osaka?

My current plan is to be in Tokyo for 2 days hoping for cherry blossom viewing and mostly on anime hotspots. 3 day to go to Oorai if it's possible via train only from Tokyo otherwise I'd go to either Kyoto or Osaka. I plan to be on each places for two days each then return to Tokyo on the 7th day then leave on the 8th. I haven't figured much what to do in Kyoto apart from it's famous tourist attractions for Osaka it's necessary I get to see Dotonbori at night otherwise not much idea on what to visit. Not much interested with shrines myself but more on anime hotspots, castles, or huge parks.

Whole point of the trip is to finally see the cherry blossom in bloom, or at least semi..will be there on the 30th of March next year and leave on the 6th of April.

Somehow if my post doesn't say much let me know so I explain it better. This will be my 3rd time visiting Japan. Will be my 3rd time in Tokyo and first for the other locations I've mentioned...provided I pass my visa application.

thanks
by Gabse  

Re: Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto in 7 days possible? 2018/9/6 10:50
It's possible.

Since you've been to Tokyo before, you might want to cut a day or two there and spend more in Kyoto. You can view sakura in all 3 places, if timing is right.

by 3K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto in 7 days possible? 2018/9/6 17:11
Since you are in a rush. I would omit Osaka. You'll most likely find nothing new there is you are traveling to Tokyo also.

4 days Tokyo, 3 days Kyoto.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto in 7 days possible? 2018/9/7 04:45
I agree with hakata. My first trip to Japan was a couple days in Tokyo, a couple in Kyoto, and a couple in Osaka/Nara. Very similar to your plan. I didnft find anything all that interesting in Osaka. Put that time into more Kyoto and think about a day trip to Nara.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto in 7 days possible? 2018/9/7 08:55
Have you been to the Manga Museum in Kyoto? Is that in your plan?

Osaka is good to visit at night, especially Dontonbori.

7 days is possible for what you want to see. If you like castles have you checked out Himiji or Hikone? Nijo in Kyoto?
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2296.html
Both Himeji and Hikone are easy to do from Kyoto for a 1/2 day or full day. I highly recommend both.

Have a great trip!
by Kuro242 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto in 7 days possible? 2018/9/7 09:43
Easy - simply split your time half in Tokyo and half in Kyoto - skip Osaka. There are many huge and good parks around Tokyo that are good for blossom viewing. Showa Park in west Tokyo is larger then the three big central city parks combined, but there are many other great places. For Kyoto, irrespective of early vs late seasons, there are many great blossom viewing locations (without crowds) that are worth going to.

On the Manga Museum, it is worth a visit, but last time I was there it was mainly Japanese focused, and not much in English - not sure if it's changed.

On something like Dontonbori, the feedback we get from our guests is that it doesn't compare to somewhere like Shinjuku at night. I know some people like it and Osaka in general, but it's not high on the list of places that we visit around Japan. I do actually like Osaka Castle as somewhere to visit in the city, but I have other castles I prefer more (Matsumoto, Hikone spring to mind - there are others).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread