Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/6 23:46
I was seeing the news the other day about Typhoon Jebi and it looked pretty bad. Today i was reading Japan Guide report about it on the main page and I was worried. My trip is only in the first half of November to Kansai and Chugoku regions, but what happened to the airport is quite serious. I plan to visit and stay overnight at Mt. Koya, and on other day a half day trip to Kurama and Kibune. These locations were affected by the typhoon as well. Should I be worried? Or not? I'm going only in November, it's two months away now. I hope everything will be fine by then...
by catiasmteixeira  

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/7 14:05
November is quite some time away. I doubt you'll have any issue by then.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/7 15:00
Don't worry, By November there will be precious little sign if any of the Typhoon. If I were due to fly in the next week I would check with my airline, other than that I would continue as planned. Enjoy.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/7 17:01
some domestic flights are now operating.
today's announcement says that international flights will restart after one week.
repairing the bridge may take some time, but a half way (3 car lanes) has no damage.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/7 22:32
Thank you so much everyone for your replies. I wilk keep updated with news. But you're right, in November everything will probably be back to normal. I just hope the cable car for Mt. Koya is operating again for when I visit.
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/7 23:04
Depending on when you go in November the cable car is already planned to be closed for maintenance: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4904.html but there will be a bus.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/8 02:20
I'm going to Mt. Koya from November 10th to 11th. I saw that they will replace the cable car at the end of November. I really hope it's operating when I arrive, if not, then I'll go on bus.
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai current situation/my trip 2018/9/8 07:56
it starts from November 24,2018(Monday), until the end of February, 2019.
they will inform more in details in October, about bus schedules, etc.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread