Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trendy travel information 2018/9/8 21:33
Where do you collect information for your trip to Japan?
I'm looking for trendy and hot spots to visit in a year!
If you have your favorite guidebooks, websites, travel blogs, could you share them to me.
by Jill (guest)  

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/9 13:38
Vague line of questioning. Define trendy?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/10 12:34
If you are looking for what is hot/trendy, come back in a year. What is hot/trendy (even some sources) might have fizzled and be gone in 12 months.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/10 18:55
Hi, @hakata14
My word "trendy" doesn't include the classic attractions such as Mt.Fuji, Tokyo Tower, Kinkakuji Temple in Kyoto.

I want to make a nice itinerary in Japan for about 2 weeks.
For that, I need to know things to do and places to visit for 2018!!
I'm wondering if there are some cool travel blogs or websites
which will help me to plan...
by Jill (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/10 22:31
This is a "cool" travel website.... have you looked at this one?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/11 01:11
decide what you like and prefer and make a trend for your own!
for example me, i make my personal japan hitou trend. it is new every year and cool also. (well ok, most of them are hot, but...:-) )
mostly i use dedicated japanse groups on facebook to find new ideas for the travels. i mark intersting spots in gmaps over time and if there are enough in an area i start planning a route around them (sometimes including major sights from pages like this)...
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/11 01:19
?try watching gCool Japanh on NHK World?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/11 11:51
I'd look at PewDiePie's travel blogs to see where he went in Japan if you are keen on the under 25 market
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/11 12:22
When I travel around Japan I try to get a general overview of a place first, then I look for specific things I'm interested in.

For example you could do specific searches for contemporary art galleries, vinyl record shops, jazz kissaten (coffee shops), rabbit cafes, salsa dance events, mario kart racing, aquariums, history museums, design shops, manga stores, bird-watching areas, craft-beer bars, sake brewery tours, boat rides - whatever sounds interesting to you. You might run into local blogs or websites that share your interests.

For Tokyo, Where In Tokyo ( whereintokyo.com ) covers a lot of contemporary art, architecture and design-related stuff, and Tokyo Art Beat ( tokyoratbeat.com ) specifically covers museum and gallery shows, although not limited to contemporary art.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Trendy travel information 2018/9/11 21:31
Based on questions to this Forum (like how to get there, can I fit it in) everyone is going to: Fushimi Inari and the Bamboo Forest in Kyoto. Many people want to see snow while in Japan, many urbanites want to go fruit picking, Takayama and Shirakawa Go are popular as well. I've also seen quite a few questions on the Kiso Valley and spending time in Osaka.

Based on places consistently recommended on this Forum: Go to Naoshima and Kamikochi.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread