Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hitachi Seaside Park in late October 2018/9/9 00:49
We are from Singapore and keen on seeing the red Kochia; however, we will only arrive in Tokyo in late October (i.e. 21 to 27 Oct). The website indicates that the Kochia can only be seen from early to mid October. Will we be too late? Is it still worth making a special trip to Hitachi Seaside Park?
by jellybelly (guest)  

Re: Hitachi Seaside Park in late October 2018/9/11 03:29
This depends on what you want to see. Kochia will still be there late October, it just may not be as red. I went three years ago in mid October and the Kochia was late to bloom, so there was still a lot of green with some red. When they bloom can differ, the web site is just doing a general guess. It is a beautiful park and even with the Kochia not in full bloom, it was still a wonderful day and our group had fun visiting.
by Kuro242 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hitachi Seaside Park in late October 2018/9/12 10:32
Thanks a lot. Will Kochia turn brown very soon after it turns red?
by Jellybelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hitachi Seaside Park in late October 2018/9/17 10:22
Hi fellow Singaporean. I was there on 27 Oct 2017. The kochia were starting to turn brown but the colours are still good for photography. Ifll suggest you to follow the Instagram of Hitachi Seaside Park as they will provide regular updates on the condition of the kochia :)
by Shawn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hitachi Seaside Park in late October 2018/9/17 16:43
Great, thanks, Shawn. Will aim to get there the very day we land or the next day i.e. 21 Oct. Hopefully we will still be in time to see the Kochias at their prime.
by jellybelly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread