Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Harumi to Setagaya . Day 3 to Narita 2018/9/10 07:58
Two of us need to transport from a cruise ship at Harumi to a hotel in Setagaya mid October. On day 3, we need to transfer to Narita International Airport to fly to the US. Walking is difficult for me. We will each have a suitcase. The various passes are somewhat confusing as we want to include the airport transfer. Is transportation from Harumi considered part of the Tokyo subway system?
by Pat Martin (guest)  

Re: Harumi to Setagaya . Day 3 to Narita 2018/9/10 12:36
Please tell us where exactly in Setagaya. It is a huge ward of Tokyo with many different train and subway lines. Depending on where, the subway pass will be applicable or not. Most likely not, as I think most of the trains in Setagaya are not part of the subway of Tokyo, but other commuter train companies. You can however just buy a normal ticket or a IC card (prepaid ticket).
Depending on how difficult walking for you is you could consider the following options:
- ship your luggage from the ship either directly to Narita or to the hotel (e.g. Takkyubin), You need to check the delivery times if you can send to hotel or better directly to Narita
- get a taxi to / from a station that is not too far from your start and end point to limit transfers. Please note that walking within some stations can be a bit far and if you need to walk to the elevator / escaltor even farer. Not all stations have one, but many do. You can check that out online.
- get a taxi all the way

Enjoy your cruise and trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Harumi to Setagaya . Day 3 to Narita 2018/9/11 05:09
I am sorry, I must have posted prematurely. Walking is difficult but a taxi all the way is a bit above my budget. I just want to find the best train/subway. I think a taxi to and from the subway stations will be necessary. Thank you for your help.
by Pat Martin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Harumi to Setagaya . Day 3 to Narita 2018/9/11 05:45
Part of my reply is missing. We want to get to Futako Tamagawa Excel Hotel Tokyo at 1-14-1 Tamagawa Office Tower 30F, Setagaya from Harumi Passenger Terminal. We will stay 2 days in Setagaya and on the 3rd day want transportation to Narita. We think there is a combination 72 hours subway/JR pass that includes the train/subway to Narita. We just do not completely understand. Thank you for your help.
by Pat Martin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread