Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/13 04:33
Hi all,

We'll be landing with a moderate amount of baggage (probably a carry-on each [2 people] and 1 moderately-sized checked bag each) at Narita on a Sunday afternoon in late October. Our hotel is in Akasaka. Considering that we want to avoid crowded train station transfers with baggage if possible (although I am aware that it will be Sunday), what are some of the best ways to get there in terms of value? I'd be willing to pay a bit more if it cuts down considerably on headaches and difficulty.

I've looked into the shared minibus service on Voyagin, but what concerns me is that they leave 1 hour after you land, whether you show or not - not sure how much time we will need to change money, collect bags and get oriented.

And conversely, what would you recommend for getting from Shinjuku (with an extra bag or two, likely) to NRT early on a Saturday morning in November?
by Bre2h (guest)  

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/13 11:09
Both Akasaka and Shinjuku cover a lot of ground - it might be helpful if you said which hotels you were using. For example, if your hotel happens to be a minute away from a hotel that has direct-to-door limousine bus service, that would probably be more convenient than taking multiple trains.

I generally use a combination of Narita Express and taxi if I'm carrying heavy bags, or Narita Express and subway if I'm using the airport baggage delivery service. But if there were an airport limousine bus near me I might be tempted to use that, especially on a weekend.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/13 12:52
Hi there, thanks for the response.

It'll be the Hotel Grand Fresa in Akasaka and the Nishitetsu Inn in Shinjuku.

There is an airport baggage delivery service? do you have any more info on that?

Also, we're going to an onsen town for 2 nights in between - any ideas for luggage storage in Tokyo so that we don't have to cart these onto the train?

Thanks so much again for your help!
by Bre2h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/13 13:37
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/13 13:55
Hotel Grand Fresa is right next to the main Asakasa station on the Chiyoda line. Unfortunately there aren't really any great transfer points from Narita to that station so you'll be making multiple transfers.

Probably the best way on the train/subway is going to be to take the Skyliner to Nippori Station, transfer to the Yamanote line and ride one stop to Nishi-Nippori Station and then transfer to the Chiyoda line to Asakasa Station.

Easiest might be to just take the N'EX to Tokyo station and take a Taxi to your hotel.

From Shinjuku, easiest is just to take the N'EX, which goes straight to Narita.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/15 00:08
Not the Akasaka station on the Chiyoda line, but the Akasaka Mitsuke station on the Marunouchi line is close to your hotel? To go to the Akasaka Mitsuke station on the Marunouchi Line, you can go from Narita Airport to Narita Express to Tokyo Station, change the subway, go to Marunouchi line of Akasaka Mitsuke station.
by USACHAN99 rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/15 00:10
Not the Akasaka station on the Chiyoda line, but the Akasaka Mitsuke station on the Marunouchi line is close to your hotel? To go to the Akasaka Mitsuke station on the Marunouchi Line, you can go from Narita Airport to Narita Express to Tokyo Station, change the subway, go to Marunouchi line of Akasaka Mitsuke station.
by USACHAN99 rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/15 09:28
As for your bags when you leave for the onsen, you can ask your hotel in Tokyo if you can leave it there and pick it up once you return from your onsen trip.
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/25 04:39
Thanks all for the tremendous help. We're gonna take the Narita Express and then Taxi from there to the hotel.

However, I have another related question: since we are headed to the onsen in Nagano prefecture (where we will only be for 2 nights and therefore won't need our heaviest luggage apart from it being near impossible to bring on Shinkansen and other trains) and then headed to another hotel in Tokyo (Nishitetsu Inn Shinjuku), is it easy enough to Takkyubin our heaviest/clunkiest luggage on our last day in Akasaka Tokyo from there to the Nishitetsu Inn and have it wait for us (assuming the hotel will allow that) there until we check in 3 days later? If so, we need a takkyubin drop-off or counter a relatively short distance from the Hotel Grand Fresa - is this doable and does anyone know of any?
by Bre2h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best way to get from NRT to Akasaka 2018/9/25 08:14
I would be very surprised if the Front desk at Hotel Grand Fresa could not arrange for takkyubin pick up on the day you check out, and delivery made at the Hotel you are going to 3 days later. You need to speak to them when you check in, and make sure your luggage is clearly marked, as Guest checking in.... name and date.

To clarify though, why don't you email Fresa, and the hotel you are eventually heading for and explain?
One of the great things of Japan is the takkyubin service, the way the hotels just take on board the luggage movement, and forwarding. Wish other countries provided such an efficient service.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread