Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it worth it to buy JR pass 2018/9/17 06:36
Hey guys,

Am planning to travel to Tokyo and i will stay in Japan for 12 days, i will arrive in Osaka for 3 days during my stay i will go one day to kyoto and 2 days staying city osaka
Then i will take the bullet train to travel to tokyo to stay for 7 days during my stay.
I will have one trip to edo wonderland
And one day to mt fuji lake kawaguchi just to see the mountain from distance. And the rest days i will stay in tokyo for city sightseeings.

My question is it worth it to buy the JR pass 7 days for my journey?

by Marwan999  

Re: Is it worth it to buy JR pass 2018/9/17 11:34
Does all of your:
- Kyoto/Osaka Shinkansen travel
- Return trip from Tokyo to/from Nikko
and
- Tokyo to Kawaguchiko day trip
fall within a 7-day period? That is what matters, as the 7 days of validity isconsecutive.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth it to buy JR pass 2018/9/17 13:57
no.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth it to buy JR pass 2018/9/18 02:59
Osaka to kyoto is round trip
Osaka to tokyo is one way
Tokyo to nikko edo wonderland is round trip
Tokyo to fuiji kawaguchi lake is round trip.

So is it worth it to buy the JR pass 7 days since i will go to this places in consecutive days in the validity of the pass
by Marwan999 rate this post as useful

Re: Is it worth it to buy JR pass 2018/9/18 09:59
Osaka to kyoto is round trip - trivial cost

Osaka to tokyo is one way - Y14,000-ish, but depending on how you do it, there are discount tickets - best advance purchase fare deal I know at the moment is Y10,000, but might be hard for you to buy.

Tokyo to nikko edo wonderland is round trip - In Tokyo you could get the Y10,000 Tokyo wide pass and use JR, but the Tobu trains and return ticket is cheaper (and not JR)

Tokyo to fuiji kawaguchi lake is round trip. - Mix of JR and Fujikyu railway - not particularly expensive. For extra you can ride the express trains from Shinjuku.

I wouldn't get a 7-day JR pass for the above if I was on a budget/trying to save money. If you want to travel by more expensive express trains and shinkansen, then you could bundle the Osaka-Tokyo-Nikko-Tokyo-Otsuki(Fuji)-Tokyo into seven calendar days, and it is around break-even.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread