Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9 Day trip with 2 year old 2018/9/17 12:11
Me & my wife are traveling with 2 years old kid for 9D8N trip to osaka through Kansai Airport.
We will touch down at 6am on Tues & will get back to our country on 10am flight on next Wed.

My itinerary is stay first 4 nights at osaka. Then overnight 3 nights at kyoto, then come back to osaka to stay another night to prepare go to airport.

I had booked hotel at kyoto from Sat to Tues.
I have following questions.

1. What type of railways pass should I get to cover 9D8N.
2. Plan to cover Nara on my first 4 nights stay at osaka
3. Where should I stay at osaka? Which railway is best for travel around kansai-osaka-nara-kyoto as we travel together with 2 years old kid.
4. Osaka trip itinerary for 3 days please.
by Chong Leong  

Re: 9 Day trip with 2 year old 2018/9/18 18:23
1. Depending on how much you actually plan on riding the trains, you may not need a pass.
4. Why did you choose Osaka in the first place? If you tell us what attracted you to the city then somebody may be able to help you make a plan.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9 Day trip with 2 year old 2018/9/19 23:13
Hi Liz, thanks for reply.
1) My plan is first 4 nights stay in Osaka (a day tour to Nara or other close by city which is worth for me to tour) + 3 nights at Kyoto before go back Osaka to overnight to prepare 10am morning flight.
As there's a lots of different PASS from Kansai airport Osaka ... I am a bit confused which train/railway to take + Osaka day PASS which is efficient in budget.

4) I am not particularly attracted by Osaka, as this trip's aim is to visit Japan/Osaka/Kyoto to enjoy the autumn scenery, that's why we put last 3 nights at Kyoto with aim to has better chance to withness the autumn red leave.
The main objective is scenery, food and light shopping with light travel as we are travel with 2 years old kid

Thank you for your feedback :)

Thanks,
Chan
by Chong Leong rate this post as useful

Re: 9 Day trip with 2 year old 2018/9/20 23:35
Hi Liz, thanks for reply.
1) My plan is first 4 nights stay in Osaka (a day tour to Nara or other close by city which is worth for me to tour) + 3 nights at Kyoto before go back Osaka to overnight to prepare 10am morning flight.
As there's a lots of different PASS from Kansai airport Osaka ... I am a bit confused which train/railway to take + Osaka day PASS which is efficient in budget.

4) I am not particularly attracted by Osaka, as this trip's aim is to visit Japan/Osaka/Kyoto to enjoy the autumn scenery, that's why we put last 3 nights at Kyoto with aim to has better chance to withness the autumn red leave.
The main objective is scenery, food and light shopping with light travel as we are travel with 2 years old kid

Thank you for your feedback :)

Thanks,
Chan
by Chong Leong rate this post as useful

reply to this thread