Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Meeting a family - at their home 2018/9/18 06:55
Hello all:

Heading back to Nihon for the first time in 12 years, and 27 years since I lived in Kyoto My friend Choji has invited my entire family to his home. I have 3 boys, 13, 10 and 8, and my wife.

Choji is 60, and I will meet his wife for the first time. He has grown children and a couple of grandchildren. Can you recommend appropriate gifts to bring to his home? :) Thank you very much!

Casey
by PlanetCasey  

Re: Meeting a family - at their home 2018/9/18 10:00
Something consumable/edible from your home town/country - that is a pretty standard option for gifts.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Meeting a family - at their home 2018/9/18 13:51
Yes, nothing that would take up a lot of space, because then itfs a burden. Consumables are tops because they disappear. Find out what you have that they donft over there.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Meeting a family - at their home 2018/9/18 16:01
Agree with PPs. Would only add to have it nicely wrapped.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Meeting a family - at their home 2018/9/18 22:16
Thanks all! That was our plan. small packages. Nicely wrapped, with edible contents.

Curious, for men, is american whiskey still a big thing, or do people simply buy it at a mark up in japan now?

It used to be huge if I remember it right. :)

cc
by PlanetCasey rate this post as useful

reply to this thread