Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Possible to travel from Wakkanai to Monbetsu? 2018/9/27 10:46
Hello

Would you mind share some possible way to travel bu public transportation from JR Wakkanai to Monbetsu Bus Terminal? It is kind of confusing because in Monbetsu there is no rail service there and I have to travel alone so I think car rental would not be in my option too. As of now what I know is that I can take bus from

Nayoro to Monbetsu or
Engaru to Monbetsu (Have to go back to change train at Asahikawa first, therefore it's about 6.30hour from Wakkanai not Engaru)

So my question is that any bus company operating from those 2 stations to Monbetsu? I saw there is a company name Hokumon bus but it's all in Japanese language.

Thank you in advance
by HokkaidoCrzay (guest)  

Re: Possible to travel from Wakkanai to Monbetsu? 2018/9/27 13:18
Yes there are buses from Engaru and also from Asahikawa (slower but saves you one transfer since you have to go through Asahikawa anyway).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possible to travel from Wakkanai to Monbetsu? 2018/9/27 14:19
Five years ago, I answered a question about the bus route from Wakkanai to Abashiri.

https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?1+100086

Wakkanai 0545 0821 Hamatonbetsu terminal

Hamatonbetsu terminal 0830 0915 Esashi terminal (Kitami Esashi)

Esashi 1015 1122 Oumu

Oumu 1149 1259 Monbetsu

I am not sure if these buses are still running. If you are interested, I will try to search again.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread