Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Hakone? 2018/9/29 19:06
Hi there, Ifve made plans to travel from Kyoto to Hakone (Gora area) on Monday afternoon 1st October. Because of warnings regarding typhoon Trami, Ifm now unsure if it will be safe to still go to Hakone? The hotel Ifve booked is at the foot of a hill. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
by Worried (guest)  

Re: Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Hakone? 2018/9/30 08:36
The typhoon will have passed on Monday afternoon, and the weather will be pleasant. It will be safe to go to Hakone. The risk that the typhoon will cause damage in Hakone is rather low.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Kyoto? 2018/9/30 22:58
would anyone be kind to share any info if it is safe to travel from hakone to kyoto area on monday morning ? oct 1,2018
by worried traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Hakone? 2018/9/30 23:12
In tv they normally show a lit if information including the predicted path. You can also check on apps such as tenki.jp.
I just checked and on Monday at 9 am the center of the typhoon is expected to be already east of Hokkaido. VERY far from Hakone.
Unless the typhoon causes some disruptions in the railway system between Kyoto and Hakone I would not expect any problems. Railway problems you can normally see on tv or also on google maps.

Enjoy your trip to Hakone!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Hakone? 2018/10/1 10:11
Hi there,
Wanted to ask how about Osaka? After the typhoon, are everything okay? I'm worried coz I will be travelling to Osaka from Tokyo this coming 5th Oct. Anyone can help to answer the situation there?

Also, I would like to know how much do I need to pay for bullet train to Osaka from Tokyo?

Thankyou
by joellemeng rate this post as useful

Re: Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Hakone? 2018/10/1 11:12
@joellemeng

The typhoon has moved on, currently today 1 October , it is off the coast of Hokkaido, and heading away. It will have
absolutely no effect on your travel on October 5.
Regarding the fare between Shin Osaka and Tokyo, its quoted online at Y13,620. one way. Some places offer a discount but I'm not familiar with them. You do realise that Osaka Station is a different station to Shin-Osaka, and the Shinkansen leaves from Shin Osaka Station?
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Typhoon Trami - safe to travel to Hakone? 2018/10/1 11:57
http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/typh/1824.html

Passed through Tokyo last night. Still some train disruptions around the place today (Monday).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread