Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5am Haneda airport to Kusatsu Onsen 2018/9/30 07:11
Hi,

I will be arriving in Haneda Airport at 5AM and will be heading to Kusatsu Onsen.

Will I be able to purchase tickets for the train at vending machines or will there be an attendant available to help if I need it? Does anyone have any advise for the best route to take at this time?

How much time should I need after landing for customs, picking up luggage etc?

Will I be able to pick up a pocket wifi or simcard on arrival or should I try to purchase before going to Japan?

Do we need to book/buy anything in advance?

Thank you
Pandanmochi
by pandanmochi (guest)  

Re: 5am Haneda airport to Kusatsu Onsen 2018/9/30 10:12
It takes about 20-45 minutes for immigration, luggage pick-up and customs to be completed.

The manned ticket counter (Tourist Information Center, 2F) opens at 5:30, and I think you should be able to buy your train tickets to Kusatsu there. I don't think that the tickets to Kusatsu can be purchased at vending machines at Haneda Airport.

Here are the ways to access Kusatsu from Tokyo:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7403.html

Does anyone have any advise for the best route to take at this time?

I recommend to take trains to Naganohara Kusatsu-guchi Station and the JR bus from there to Kusatsu.

Do we need to book/buy anything in advance?

I recommend to book the hotel room in Kusatsu in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread