Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/1 08:51
Hi everyone. I will be in Tokyo from February 6 - 10, 2019 and I'm hoping to catch some early blooming sakura, if any. A quick Google search led me to the Kawazuzakura festival but I find very limited information about it. Was wondering if anyone has gone there? Would like to know if it's worth a visit in early February. Any other places you can recommend? Thanks!
by Andrea (guest)  

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/1 11:55
You could do that for the cherry festival, but also at time of year there are other hamani options as plum blossoms are 4-6 weeks earlier than the main cherry varieties.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/1 19:39
Thanks JapanCustomTours. Will look into the plum blossoms then. Thanks for the wonderful suggestion.
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/2 00:27
I think that your time might be a little bit too early for Kawazu and Minami Izu's best days (I'd need to double check).

However, there is a fantastic garden in Mito which has close to the best plum blossom trees in the country which is not too far from Tokyo....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/2 12:37
Thanks mfedley. I'm a bit worried to I might be too early. Thanks for mentioning Mito. Would you know the specific place? Thanks again.

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/2 15:51

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/2 15:54
Blossom festival this year started Feb 10th, so your dates might be too early for that, but if the trees are in bloom, you could still visit.
https://japan-attractions.jp/festivals/kawazu-zakura-cherry-blossoms-f...

Re: Early blooming sakura near Tokyo 2018/10/2 19:20
Thank you JapanCustomTours. You've been very helpful.

reply to this thread