Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/2 19:31
Hi I am planning 3 December to 13 dec trip to Japan with my family of 5

I like to hear from your advise on the transport and also my itneary

Day 1 (3,4 dec )
Arrival handed airport , travel to Hakone for 2 nights
Day 2
Hakone
Day 3 (5,6,7 dec )
Leave Hakone to Kanazawa stay 3 nights
Day4 ,5
Kanazawa
Day 6( 8dec )
To shriakawago for farmstay
Day 7 (9 dec )
takayama and alpine route to Tokyo
I am not sure will it be difficult to travel from takayma to alpine route and back to Tokyo ?
Is there enough time ?
Or should I go to takayama when I visit shirakawago . Then travel direct to alpine snow corridor from shirakawago
I need to be back in Tokyo on the 9 dec .

Thank you

9 dec to 13 dec
Free and easy
Tokyo and back to Singapore

by SQ168  

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/3 10:50
Do you mean the Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine route?

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7550.html

Most of the route closes November 30, so in December that's not really an option.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/3 11:38
I see , thank you to highlight on that .
by SQ168 rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/4 14:34
Hi may I know should I stay at takayama or just do a stop over while I on my way back to Tokyo?
Also can I sent luggage from Kanazawa to Tokyo / Shinjuku station ? I unable to sent to the apretment I staying but I was thinking to sent to Tokyo station and collect it form Tokyo station or Shinjuku station

Anyone can advise ?
Thank you

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/4 15:04
Regard sending your luggage, you can send it from Kanazawa to Tokyo. If you are staying in Shinjuku I would send it to a pickup location close to your accommodation. Just call Yamato Kuroneko. They have an English phone service and explain the entire process. You can then either ship from a conbini or have them pick it up if you organized it before. Shipping from a conbini is possible 24/7 and no prearrangement needed.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/4 23:21
Thank you

Re: 7 days Kanazawa .takayama .shirakawago 2018/10/5 12:11
May I ask
1. if I travelling from hakone to Takayama which is best route ?
2. Any good recommendations for the Farmhouse stay at shrialawago ?
3. I decide to stay one night at Takayama and one night at shirakawago then to Kanazawa
Back to Tokyo from Kanazawa
I think is easier .
Anyone has good advise on my itinerary?
Thank you

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/5 12:49
Hi!

Unfortunately, there is no real good option from Hakone to Takayama. I guess you can take a Hikari from Odawara to Nagoya and then a Hida between Nagoya and Takayama.

If you want to do 1 night in Hakone and 1 night in Kawaguchiko/Fuji 5 Lakes, there is a direct bus from there to Takayama though it does leave at 8:00 am I think. I think you would have a hard time making it from Hakone because I'm pretty sure you would need at least an hour to get between them.

I definitely think starting in Takayama then going to Shirakawa Go and then going onto Kanazawa makes a lot of sense and yes, getting from Kanazawa to Tokyo is very convenient.

I've only stayed overnight in Takayama, once in '10 and once in '17. I personally was not overly impressed with Shirakawa Go and enjoyed the Hida no Sato village outside of Takayama much more. I stayed at a hotel both trips to Takayama. I loved the onsen at the hotel, but found it further from the station than I would like and I hated timing for the free shuttle. I

I hope this helps!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/5 21:17
Takayama is a great place to stay. I recommend one of the minshuku as a break from normal hotels. Here is the address of the local association. http://www.hida-yado.net/html/english.html
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days Kanazawa and snow corridor trip 2018/10/5 21:22
Thank you so much for all the great info !!

reply to this thread